Once you have written down your goals and desires, it is time to get focused and start taking action.
From your master list of goals, pick ONE goal that is the most compelling to accomplish in the next 30 days.
Write in detail about why you want to achieve this goal and how you will feel when you achieve this goal.
Include as many sensory experiences as possible: tastes, sounds, smells, emotions. Use who, what, where, when, how and why in your description.
Write from the perspective that your goal has already been achieved.
• How did you achieve this goal?
• From where did help come from?
• What did you specifically do to accomplish this goal?
• Write about what you are saying to yourself about your accomplishment.
• Write about what other people are saying about your accomplished goal.
Describe the kind of person who would successfully achieve the goal you have.
• What kind of discipline is required?
• What attitude is needed?
• What belief system needs to be in place?
• What behaviors would that successful person have?
Make a list of the resources you already have to accomplish this goal.
• Who can help you? Family, friends, co-workers?
• What knowledge or talent do you already have?
• How much time do you have to devote to accomplishing this goal?
• How much energy do you have available?
• What financial resources are available?
Write down what has prevented you from achieving this goal in the past.
• List any fears, worries, doubts.
• Do you have any limiting beliefs?
List any potential obstacles that could prevent you from achieving this goal now.
• Self sabotage?
• Lack of family support?
• Fear of success?
• Fear of failure?
Now list some ideas to overcome these obstacles. Every problem has a solution. What will you do? (EFT Meridian Tapping is great for overcoming fear and self-sabotage.)
Remember, challenges help us to be stronger, better and wiser, and take us to a new level of success and fulfillment. Just don’t let the challenges and obstacles stop you. Get help if necessary.
Create a plan of action using the information from the first 4 steps.
To build a house, you need a detailed plan and specific action steps to take. To achieve your goal, you need a specific plan of action to take. It is helpful to visualize your achieved goal and work backwards listing the actions you took to achieve success.
If you want something to change, you need to work on changing your attitudes, beliefs and behaviors now in order to see the results you want. If you keep doing what you’re doing, you will keep getting what you’re getting!
• What do you need to do first?
• What will you do on a daily basis?
• What would you do differently if you had no fear around this goal?
Fantastic, congratulate yourself on getting clear and focused.