Life is stressful enough and with the holidays upon us our stress levels tend to increase with all the extra demands and activities. I am always interested in how others manage their stress, so I thought I would share my morning routine that helps me stay centered and balanced in case you want to add any of these to your morning routine.
When I wake in the morning, after I wash my face and brush my teeth, here is how start my day…
- Drink 8 oz. of warm lemon water. (Here is an article on the benefits http://draxe.com/benefits-of-lemon-water/)
- Meditate for 20-60 minutes depending on how much time I have available that day. (If I only have a few minutes before starting my day I do some deep breathing and set intentions for what I want to experience that day.)
- Walk/jog on the treadmill (or outside if the weather permits) for 30-40 minutes.
- Floor stretches to keep my body flexible. (My massage therapist often comments on my flexibility.)
- Push-ups (As many I can do that day. I am always surprise at how much that varies).
- Standing stretches for my legs and back.
- Hand weights to keep my arms and back muscles toned.
- Activate meridians on my body by tapping or rubbing different points on my body. (These are points other than the ones use with EFT tapping.)
- Finish with some of Donna Eden’s Energy Medicine techniques.
Donna Eden has a new updated “Daily Energy Routine” video. If you don’t have 2 hours in the morning to dedicate to your health and well-being then I highly encourage you to begin your day with Donna’s 12 minute video to get/keep your energy system energized and running smoothly.
From the video description: “Over the years, I started teaching a simple energy routine that people could do every day in 5 to 7 minutes to establish positive “energy habits” in their bodies which strengthen their immune systems and help them navigate through the stresses we all face today. Thousands of people around the world are now doing it daily! Based on their feedback, I would tweak it every now and then to make it even more effective. I’ve just filmed the definitive version. It is solid, and I have tons of evidence that it works. You need only do it!”
I really love the “Cross Over Shoulder Pull” that she has added to the routine.
I hope you stick to your stress management routine this holiday season (or add something new from my list or someone else’s) to keep yourself balanced and relaxed. Remember, it is up to you to make yourself a priority. Plus…you have more to give to others when you are calm and relaxed.