When you identify a new goal or desire, what is the first thing that typically happens when you set out to achieve that goal?
Typically, the first things to shows up are all the objections.
- You can’t do that.
- You don’t know how to do that.
- You’ve never done that before.
- That’s too hard.
- You don’t have the time.
- You don’t have the money.
- You don’t have the energy.
Your subconscious mind has created a comfort zone around you and as soon as you consciously want to do something new or different, all the parts of you that resist change start protesting and voicing their objections.
You must take time to listen to the voices that are spouting off and address their concerns, or they will stop you from achieving your goal before you even get started. The best way I have found to settle down the voices and their objections is to add three magic words to my goal or desire.
What are the three magic words you ask?
“I have found…”
Let’s apply that to a weight loss goal.
Your goal is to lose 25 pounds.
The voices of objection that you hear says:
- You don’t know how to lose that much weight.
- You’ve never lost that much weigh.
- You don’t have the energy to work out.
- You don’t have the time to work out.
- You don’t have the money to purchase healthier foods.
Now, let’s add the three magic words to all those objections.
- I have found a way to lose 25 pounds that matches my lifestyle.
- I have found a way to lose the weight and keep it off this time.
- I have found the time to work out that fits perfectly into my schedule.
- I have found the energy to work out regularly.
- I have found a way to make healthy food choices that fits into my budget.
Can you feel how adding these three simple words quiets those voices down as if by magic?
Can you feel how your resistance is instantly reduced?
Using these three words sets up your subconscious mind to go out and find the way to achieve your goal. Try out these three words and notice how your resistance to achieving your goal is reduced so you can move forward easily.
1) Choose a goal you have noticed some resistance around achieving.
2) Write down the objections you hear from those voices inside yourself.
3) Re-write your objections and add these three words “I have found…”.
4) If you still notice objections, play with the wording even more.
- I am ready to find a way…
- I intend to find a way…
- I have decided to find a way…
- I am willing to find a way…
- I have the ability to find a way…
- I am smart enough to find a way…
5) Keep track of the thoughts and ideas that come to you that will move you toward achieving your goals.
6) And last, but most important, Take ACTION.
You have the ability to find a way to achieve any goal that is important to you. Keep affirming “I have found a way to achieve success.”
Check out this link for more goal setting and achieving steps:
The Victory Coaches Complete Guide to Life Victories